Cape Town - A group people who are fed up with the high rate of farm murders in South Africa will travel in convoy from Stellenbosch to the Green Point Stadium in Cape Town for a prayer on Monday morning.
The group, who call themselves Genoeg is Genoeg (Enough Is Enough), are expected to gather at Kanonkop in Stellenbosch. The convoy of around 2 000 people travelling in 500 vehicles will be accompanied by police officers and Stellenbosch traffic officials to Joostenberg Vlakte at around 8 am.
The convoy will leave Joostenberg Vlakte at 9 am to make the trek to the stadium. They are expected to reach Green Point at 12 (midday).
The procession has agreed to avoid the N1, which is routinely congested during peak traffic hours.
The route, which was approved by the City of Cape Town on Sunday afternoon, is as follows:
* The procession will leave Kanonkop at 6 am and proceed on the R101 to the R102 to link up with the Old Paarl Road
* They will proceed through the Kraaifontein, Scottsdene, Northpine and Brackenfell areas up to Voortrekker Road
* Vehicles will continue up along Voortrekker Road through to Bellville, Parow, Goodwood, Kensington and Maitland to Cape Town
* Once the procession reaches the city, they will travel along Koeberg Road, taking a left into FW de Klerk and then onto Buitengracht Street.
* From there the group will proceed right into Helen Suzman Boulevard and again right into Vlei Road and the stadium parking area.
The prayer service is expected to end at 1 pm.
Read more here: