Slain mother Zarah Jane Hector, 33, from Kuils River was bludgeoned to death and dumped on a farm in Groot Drakenstein. Picture: Supplied

Cape Town - A witness in the murder trial of slain Zarah Jane Hector testified that she drove with the two accused and others in her car - after Hector went missing.

Zarah, 33, from Kuils River disappeared on 14 March 2016 with her boyfriend’s BMW Z3.

Renaldo van Rooyen, 33, from Kuils River and Tawfeeq Ebrahim, 26, of Malibu Village have been charged with murder, defeating the ends of justice and robbery of a vehicle.

The accused allegedly bludgeoned Zarah to death with a hammer over a drug debt and dumped her body on a farm in Groot Drakenstein.

Testifying in the Western Cape High Court on Wednesday, Judy Brenner from Blue Downs said she considers herself a friend of Van Rooyen’s, whom she met in February last year.

She explained she saw the BMW Zarah was last seen driving at her friend, Amy’s house a day after Zarah’s disappearance.

“I don’t know Zarah, I was looking for my cousin so I went to our friend’s place to see if she was there. Upon arrival, I saw two unknown men. Renaldo and Tawfeeq were seated in the lounge and Amy was in the house,” she explained.

“Tawfeeq came to me to ask for a lift to Salt River. I agreed and five minutes later we left. Myself, Tawfeeq, Renaldo and one of the unidentified men got into my Ford Figo and left. When we got to Salt River, Amy and the other man were already there in a silver BMW Z3."

“That car was parked in Amy’s yard covered with a seil. In Salt River was the last time I saw that BMW.”

Days later the stripped BMW was found abandoned in Observatory.

Judy continued: “The following Monday... Tawfeeq and his uncle came to my house. I came out and he said if police come to me, I must say I know nothing about Salt River or a BMW."

“I said OK and that was the last I saw of Tawfeeq. I have however been in contact with Renaldo, about a few months ago in 2017; he used to phone and send text messages... he usually asked if I am OK.”

Earlier, Crime Scene Investigator, Warrant Officer Themba Ntobela, testified he found a hammer in the garage of Van Rooyen’s home.

He processed the hammer for possible DNA and multiple spots in the garage which he believed had traces of blood.

The trial resumes on Thursday.