Johannesburg - The Seriti Commission of Inquiry into the 1999 arms deal resumed its hearings on Monday.
“The public hearings of the Arms Procurement Commission will commence on Monday 24 March and not April, as per earlier message,” spokesman William Baloyi said on Monday.
Baloyi said previously that the commission adjourned on Thursday and would resume on April 24.
He said that the adjournment was to give evidence leaders more time to consult witnesses.
“Some of them are no longer residents of South Africa. Some are no longer (employed at) the companies they have to testify about,” Baloyi said at the time.
The commission, sitting in Pretoria and headed by Judge Willie Seriti, is investigating allegations of corruption in the multi-billion rand arms deal. - Sapa