Two children aged 2 and 3 were found dead in a toilet in Diepsloot extension 1 this morning, a massive man hunt is underway.
Picture: Antoine de Ras, 15/10/13
Two children aged 2 and 3 were found dead in a toilet in Diepsloot extension 1 this morning, a massive man hunt is underway. Picture: Antoine de Ras, 15/10/13

Three taken in over Diepsloot girls’ murders

Time of article published Oct 16, 2013

Share this article:

Johanesburg - Three people have been taken in for questioning in connection with the kidnapping and murder of two small girls in Diepsloot, north of Johannesburg, Gauteng police said Wednesday.

Police are also searching for a fourth person, Lt-Col Lungelo Dlamini said.

Police were also investigating a possible link between the murders of young girls in the area.

In September, a five-year-old girl was found dead in the same area.

“It is suspected that she was sexually violated and strangled. A suspect who was taken in for questioning relating to the murder was later released,” Dlamini said.

He said although police suspected that the two girls were strangled, they would wait for the post-mortem results to confirm how they died.

He said the area was calm following protests by residents on Tuesday.

“There has been no incidents so far since last [Tuesday] night.”

Angry residents took to the streets and blocked roads in the township.

The two little girls, aged 2 and 3, were reported missing at the weekend.

Their bodies were discovered by a resident in a toilet cubicle on Tuesday at around 5am.

A team of detectives has been appointed to investigate the murders, said Dlamini. - Sapa

Share this article:

Related Articles