416
30.04.2013
Duncan D'Ewes, speaks on his phone outside the Sandton City, his former girlfriend has been stalking him for the past 8 months and hijacked all D’Ewes’s accounts. 
Picture: Itumeleng English
416 30.04.2013 Duncan D'Ewes, speaks on his phone outside the Sandton City, his former girlfriend has been stalking him for the past 8 months and hijacked all D’Ewes’s accounts. Picture: Itumeleng English

Two sides to story, says alleged stalker

By ANGELIQUE SERRAO Time of article published May 3, 2013

Share this article:

Johannesburg - The woman who has allegedly been stalking an ex-boyfriend has admitted to The Star that she is not innocent, but said the stalking was two-sided.

The woman, who does not want to be named but whom The Star is calling Megan, claimed she had instituted three assault charges against Sandton resident Duncan D’Ewes and a charge of rape.

The Star reported that D’Ewes was allegedly harassed and stalked by his ex-girlfriend to such an extent that he had lost his job and many of his friends. He said his online profile was not his own and his house had been petrol-bombed.

He said he and Megan met after he responded to a text message from an unknown number. They interacted and eventually formed a friendship.

The allegations against Megan include harassment, intimidation, crimen injuria, illegal interception of communication, fraud, housebreaking and theft.

During an investigation, private company IRS Investigations had allegedly discovered a further 12 separate cases against Megan.

D’Ewes said Megan refused to give him back his belongings when he moved out of her house.

He said he had repeatedly asked her what she wanted and she had allegedly responded by saying she wanted one more intimate weekend with him.

He said she had hacked into his Facebook account and work e-mail, had done SIM swops on his cellphone and monitored D’Ewes’s messages.

Megan had also opened a rape case against him.

D’Ewes said Megan had changed his banking passwords and sent herself money. She had also started a blog about him that D’Ewes said was filled with false allegations and had forwarded the link to his family, friends and colleagues, and clients on his company’s database.

She had also allegedly sent a pornographic video to the company’s client list.

Megan said that all the cases she had opened had not been investigated by the police.

“He kicked down my front door three times because I’d locked myself in for safety,” Megan said.

She said they had met on an online dating site.

Megan said she had D’Ewes’s Facebook password because they were dating and gave each other the passwords. She said she was with him when a SIM swop took place on his phone.

“He is a drug addict and he does things while on drugs that he forgets,” she said.

Asked why she had 12 separate cases open against her that do not involve D’Ewes, Megan said: “I was with the wrong crowd. There has been no proper evidence and I haven’t been charged.”

Megan said D’Ewes’s claim that they had been in a casual relationship was not true. She sent The Star a note with a signature she said was his, asking her to marry him.

“He plays the victim, but what about all the horrible things he has done to me? I’m not innocent, but we did horrible things to each other.”

Glenda Paul, from IRS Investigations, said the screen grabs did not have a phone number and they believed the messages were from the phone Megan had SIM-swopped.

Paul also sent The Star a copy of D’Ewes’s signature, which looks nothing like the signature on the marriage letter that Megan sent.

Paul said D’Ewes denied all of Megan’s allegations.

[email protected]

The Star

Share this article: