File picture: Pixabay
File picture: Pixabay

Boy dies after suffering allergic reaction to sauce on a kebab

By Daily Mail reporter Time of article published Mar 13, 2020

Share this article:

London - A boy of 16 has died after suffering a suspected allergic reaction to a takeaway.

Nick Kelly apparently collapsed at home after eating food, understood to be a kebab, on Saturday night.

In a post on Facebook his relative Chris Kelly said Nick suffered a "massive heart attack" caused by tomato sauce he had eaten at a takeaway in Prescot, Merseyside. He was taken to hospital and placed on a life support machine but could not be saved. He died on Wednesday.

Merseyside police and Knowsley Council have launched a joint investigation.

The 16-year-old’s parents, who live in Prescot, said they were too upset to comment yesterday.

Mr Kelly said: ‘With deepest regrets Nicholas Kelly was given his angel wings age 16... after suffering a massive allergic reaction to some tomato sauce from [the takeway] and as a result of that he also suffered a massive heart attack."

Locals paid tribute to the "friendly and polite" teenager.

Daily Mail

Share this article: