Wellington, New Zealand - The death toll from the Christchurch mosque attacks has risen to 51 after a 46-year-old man succumbed to injuries sustained in the March 15 shootings, New Zealand police said Friday.
"The man... had been in a critical condition in Christchurch Hospital since the terror attack," police said, adding that he died late Thursday.
They said the man's family had requested his name not be publicly released.
Australian Brenton Tarrant, a self-avowed white supremacist, is accused of the attacks on two mosques where worshippers were gathered for Friday prayers.
He is now in a maximum security prison undergoing psychiatric tests to determine if he is mentally fit to stand trial for 50 counts of murder and 39 of attempted murder.