Financial planner contest under way
The first round of the 2014 Financial Planner of the Year competition is under way, with entrants awaiting results from an independent panel of judges on whether they will progress to the second round.
The award is co-sponsored by Personal Finance and the Financial Planning Institute (FPI).
In the second round, the entrants’ financial planning businesses will be assessed on legal compliance, practice management, client documentation and financial planning processes.
Winners, selected after a panel interview in the third round, will be announced at FPI Professionals Convention in Sandton in June.
Entrants were required to submit a client’s financial plan. After the plans were reviewed by the FPI’s marketing and communications advisory panel, the following entrants’ plans were selected to go through to the marking process – the first round of the competition. All have the Certified Financial Planner accreditation:
* Arnold Singh, at Private Wealth Management, a specialist division of Old Mutual, in Durban;
* Bruce Fleming, at Consolidated Financial Planning in Cape Town;
* Donovan Adams, at Chartered Wealth Solutions in Johannesburg;
* Isaac Lakhi, at Lakh Capital in Sandton;
* Kristin van den Berg, at Personal Trust in Cape Town;
* Mauritz van den Heever, at Squier Financial Services in Johannesburg;
* Monré Steyn, at Efficient Advise in Cape Town;
* Peter Hewett, at Efficient Financial Services in Johannesburg; and
* Riaan Strydom, at PSG Port Elizabeth.