In Personal Finance on Saturday June 1
In this weekend's edition of Personal Finance, your weekly guide to managing your money:
- Complaints against life insurance companies: The office of the Long-Term Insurance Ombudsman has released its annual report. Most complaints have been about funeral policies.
- Claims statistics: Cancer and cardiovascular disease continue to dominate life insurers' life and disability claims data.
- Environmental taxes: Consumers are going to pay a lot more in taxes dedicated to trying to create a more environmentally friendly world.
- All About Trusts: In her regular twice-monthly column, trust expert Phia van der Spuy discusses selling assets into a trust.
- Retirement regulations - what the umbrella funds offer: The large commercial umbrella funds are well geared up to comply with the default requirements.
- Rands and Sense: Financial adviser Rita Cool of Alexander Forbes examines the thorny issue of retrenchment.
Personal Finance can be found in the Affluence tabloid supplement that appears in the Saturday Argus, Saturday Star, Pretoria News, and Independent on Saturday in KwaZulu-Natal.