Knight Frank has launched the 13th edition of The Wealth Report, providing the global perspective on prime property and wealth.
The annual publication includes the Knight Frank City Wealth Index; price movements across 100 luxury residential property markets; the results of Knight Frank’s Luxury Investment Index; and, the Attitudes Survey.
Headlines from the report include:
- The global UHNWI population is forecast to rise by 22% over the next five years
- 2019 will be the year the number of US$ millionaires globally exceeds 20 million for the first time
- Whatever the Brexit outcome, London will remain the leading global wealth centre, and retakes top spot in Knight Frank’s City Wealth Index
- Manila leads Knight Frank’s Prime International Residential Index with prices rising by 11% in 2018
- Whisky storms to the top of Knight Frank’s Luxury Investment Index with 40% annual growth
- 63% of the world’s ultra-high-net-worth population saw an increase in their wealth in 2018
- 31% of all global commercial real estate transactions involve private capital