Bianca Jenkinson was run over by a motorcycle as she tried to runaway from a contract worker who had been trying to scare her with a grass trimmer. Picture: Goitsemang Tlhabye
GOITSEMANG TLHABYE

A CRIMINAL investigation looking into a City of Tshwane sub-contractor who chased a 13-year-old Queenswood teenager into a busy road with a grass trimmer is formally underway.

Bianca Jenkinson was run over by a motorcycle as she tried to runaway from a contract worker who had been trying to scare her with a grass trimmer.

Jenkinson said the accident occurred when she along with, elder sister Dominic accompanied by their 17-year-old friend were sent to the shops in Queenswood along Nico Smith street on Saturday afternoon.

While the teenagers tried their best to walk around the workers, Jenkinson allegedly asked the men to turn off the machines temporarily to let her pass by as she was scared.

The 17-year-old teenager said as soon as Jenkinson tried to run she was hit by a motorcycle while another car approached with the driver distracted while texting.

Jenkinson sustained a broken nose, scraped hips, arms, legs and shoulders as a result.

Bianca Jenkinson was run over by a motorcycle as she tried to runaway from a contract worker who had been trying to scare her with a grass trimmer. Picture: Goitsemang Tlhabye


Upon witnessing the accident and hearing the police were on the way the men allegedly ran away.

City of Tshwane spokesperson, Lindela Mashigo, said the city had been made aware of the incident.

He said five city employees had already given statements to the investigating officer.

Mashigo said despite the criminal investigation being underway with SAPS this did not absolve the city's responsibility of conducting an internal investigation into the matter.