File picture
File picture

Man tracks down winning R23.8m ticket

By ANA Time of article published Aug 8, 2019

Share this article:

Pretoria - The missing winner of R23 million in the national lottery has finally come forward to claim his prize, Lotto operator Ithuba said.

Last week, Ithuba announced that the winning R23.774m lottery ticket, bought on September 19, 2018, had not been claimed and would expire soon. The ticket was purchased for R30 at the Shell petrol station in Amberfield, Centurion.

Had the winner not come forward, he would have forfeited his winnings on September 19.

Ithuba said the winner reported to their Sandton office in the company of his wife. The man said he had suspected he could be the winner when he saw in the media that the winning ticket had been bought at the place where he usually bought tickets.

Khensani Mabuza, corporate relations executive at Ithuba, said the winner then went through all the tickets he had to see if he could find one bought on the specified date, and when he found it he immediately drove to the lottery operator’s office.

“We can confirm we have found the winner of the R23.774m Lotto jackpot. We encourage players to write their names and ID numbers at the back of each ticket they purchase, and to check their tickets after each draw to avoid missing out on winnings.” African News Agency (ANA)

Pretoria News

Share this article:

Related Articles