Phillip Chiyangwa, Cosafa President, speaks at a press conference. Photo: Muzi Ntombela/BackpagePix

JOHANNESBURG - FIFA has confirmed that it has brokered an agreement regarding the forthcoming South African Football Association (SAFA) Elective Congress which will be held on 24 March 2018.

Addressing a hastily-arranged media press conference on Thursday morning, COSAFA President Phillip Chiyangwa who had been mandated by FIFA to find a solution into the matter told the media that an agreement had been reached in the early hours of Thursday. The agreement involved a SAFA delegation and former referee Ace Ncobo.

“We reached a breakthrough at 01h30 last night (Thursday, 15 March 2018). An agreement was signed by both parties that there will be an Electoral Committee appointed before the elections.

“Secondly, Ace Ncobo said he would not contest the elections and had officially withdrawn from the race,” said Chiyangwa who is also the ZIFA President.

The COSAFA boss said he was happy with the agreement and that he was relaying this message to FIFA in his final report.

Safa Media

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter