Chelsea have parted company with their Italian manager Antonio Conte after two years at Stamford Bridge, the Premier League club said on Friday.
The Italian boss joined Chelsea in 2016 and led them to the league title in his debut season along with an FA Cup triumph last campaign.
The former Italy manager had a year remaining on his current contract and had already taken charge of pre-season preparations at the club's Cobham training ground outside London.
"Chelsea Football Club and Antonio Conte have parted company," the London outfit said on their website https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2018/7/13/statement-on-antonio-conte.
"We wish Antonio every success in his future career."
The 48-year-old's departure comes after Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis said on Wednesday that Chelsea were close to securing a deal for the Italian club's former boss Maurizio Sarri.
Conte's future with the Roman Abramovich-owned club has looked uncertain for months, however, with Chelsea failing to qualify for the coming season's Champions League after finishing fifth last term.