Harry Kane opened his season scoring account in the Premier League on Saturday. Photo: Andrew Couldridge/Reuters

Striker Harry Kane scored his 100th goal for Tottenham Hotspur, and his first two goals of the campaign, as the north London side beat Everton 3-0 in the Premier League at Goodison Park on Saturday.

Kane looped the ball over Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford from the far right to open the scoring in the 28th minute, and playmaker Christian Eriksen scored the second goal from close range after Everton failed to clear the ball in the 42nd minute.

The 24-year-old Kane scored his second of the match from a Ben Davies cross at the beginning of the second half as Tottenham continued to outpace a limp Everton side and created a host of chances, but fine saves from Pickford denied them.

Everton, who created few chances in the latter stages of the game, have failed to beat Tottenham in their last 10 league meetings.

* Two thumping goals from midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure and substitute Daryl Janmaat handed Southampton their first Premier League defeat of the season as Watford beat the Saints 2-0 at St Mary’s.

Both sides came into the game unbeaten after one win and two draws in their opening three matches, but Watford looked stronger from the off and took the lead in the 38th minute when Doucoure thumped the ball past Fraser Forster after a Watford throw-in.

Southampton probed for an equaliser, but instead Watford substitute Janmaat dealt the killer blow, rifling the ball low into the corner from well outside the penalty area shortly after coming on as a second-half sub for James Ward-Prowse.

Southampton fullback Cedric Soares forced Heurelho Gomes into a smart save late on with one of Southampton’s few efforts on target, but Watford’s defence held firm to secure their third clean sheet in four games.

* Pascal Gross scored either side of halftime as promoted Brighton and Hove Albion enjoyed their first Premier League win after a 34-year absence from the top-flight when they beat West Bromwich Albion 3-1 on Saturday.

Gross broke the deadlock on the cusp of halftime, slotting the ball into the bottom right corner, and scored again three minutes into the second half, this time into the bottom left corner.

The German midfielder then assisted Tomer Hemed for a comfortable third goal in the 63rd minute, following a goalkeeping blunder by Ben Foster.

Midfielder James Morrison scored for West Brom in the 77th minute, with an assist from Oliver Burke, and the visitors came close to a second goal in injury time, but Australian keeper Mat Ryan was able to block the shot.