LONDON - With just over a week to go before the transfer window closes for English clubs on August 9, Premier League sides are working hard to clinch the final one or two additions that could stave off relgation, secure qualifction for Europe and help them content for titles.
- Manchester United have been offered the chance to sign £50m-rated Jerome Boateng from Bayern Munich. United have held talks with Barcelona for central defender Yerry Mina but are considering options. Boateng saw a move to Paris Saint-Germain stall this week.
- Leicester City have made an enquiry for for former United midfielder Adnan Januzaj. The 23-year-old Real Sociedad winger is valued at about £15m and United have a buy-back option.
- Newcastle United are trying to sign Paris Saint-Germain’s £7m-rated defender Stanley N’Soki. Rafa Benitez also likes Kieran Gibbs at West Brom, who has been the subject of a £7m bid from Torino. Benitez, who is fearful of missing out on West Brom’s Salomon Rondon, has seen his club bid £5m for Anderlecht’s Sweden forward Isaac Kiese Thelin as a back-up option.
- West Ham have opened talks over a £10million move for highly rated Le Havre defender Harold Moukoudi. The 20-year-old former France U18 international also has interest from Burnley, Crystal Palace, Brighton and Derby County. West Ham ideally need to sell first and remain in talks over the possible sale of Pedro Obiang.
- Everton winger Kevin Mirallas is close to joining Fiorentina on a season loan. Mirallas, Ashley Williams, Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic were all told to train away from Marco Silva’s first team on Thursday. Williams joined Stoke City on loan last night. Vlasic has interest from Newcastle.
- Middlesbrough have offered a new contract to winger Adama Traore with Wolves ready to make an improved bid. Boro rejected £12m from Wolves last week but he has an £18m release clause. Boro have signed 34-year-old keeper Andy Lonergan and will allow Conor Ripley to leave.
- West Bromwich Albion have agreed to take Manchester City defender Tosin Adarabioyo on a season loan. Albion manager Darren Moore is also keen on City’s German-born forward Lukas Nmecha.