LONDON - Everton are interested in signing Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo in a £30million deal. New Everton boss Marco Silva, who was coach of Sporting Lisbon when Rojo left the Portuguese club for Old Trafford for £16million four years ago, has made signing the Argentina centre back one of his priorities.
Silva wants the 28-year-old to play on the left of a back three. United are aware of Everton’s interest but have yet to receive a formal offer. Victor Lindelof is another defender linked with a move away, although United are believed to have knocked back an approach from Lyon.
Meanwhile; Leeds midfielder Ronaldo Vieira is discussing a move to Sampdoria, who are offering £5.7million for the England Under 21 player plus £450,000 in add-ons. Vieira, 20, who joined Leeds from Benfica’s academy, is expected to have a medical today. Meanwhile, Leeds have agreed to sign Manchester City winger Jack Harrison on a season’s loan after he was recommended to Marcelo Bielsa by Pep Guardiola.
Other transfer window news:
- Middlesbrough have rejected Wolves’ bid for winger Adama Traore, who has an £18m release clause.
- Red Bull Leipzig are offering £18m for Everton winger Ademola Lookman.
- Barcelona defender Lucas Digne is set for a medical ahead of his £18m move to Everton.
- Chelsea have enquired about Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic as an alternative to Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsey. Kovacic wants to leave but Real are reluctant to sell.
- Midfielder Danny Drinkwater is keen to fight for his place but may well leave on loan next week.
- Swansea defender Alfie Mawson is set for a medical at Fulham today in a deal worth £15m. Fulham yesterday signed £22m Aleksandar Mitrovic from Newcastle on a five-year deal.
- Burnley are chasing Southampton keeper Fraser Forster, who may join on loan, as Sean Dyche seeks cover for injured Nick Pope. Midfielder Dean Marney has joined Fleetwood on a two-year deal.
- Manchester City striker Lukas Nmecha is wanted by West Brom. The German-born 19-year-old also has an offer from Swansea, who are signing his clubmate Bersant Celina for £3m, while Blackburn are also keen.