FREE STATE, SOUTH AFRICA - FEBRUARY 16, Tsietsi Mahoa (4) for Celtics and Bryce Moon (7) for Wits during the Absa Premiership match between Bloemfontein Celtic and Bidvest Wits at Free State Stadium on February 16, 2012 in Free State, South Africa Photo by Charle Lombard / Gallo Images

Bloemfontein – Bloemfontein Celtic bounced back to winning ways crushing Bidvest Wits 3-0 in a one-sided Absa Premiership match played at the Free State Stadium on Saturday.

The hosts, who dominated the proceedings were businesslike from the onset, threatening the visitors who failed to impose themselves. Celtic netted twice in the first stanza, courtersy of Joel Mogorosi who broke the deadlock in the 23rd minute beating Wits keeper Ryan Harrison with a grass-cutter after receiving a brilliant pass from Lerato Manzini.

Ruzaigh Gamaldien, who equally had a good game doubled the lead beating the keeper with a fine header after receiving a superb cross from Lyle Lekay while roving young striker Manzini netted the killer goal in the 63rd minute. The goal followed another brilliant move down the by-line by Lekay.

Celtic should have been leading 3-0 by halftime had Gamaldien not wasted a golden chance after beating defenders that include former Bafana Bafana captain Aaron Mokoena. The Celtic midfielder fired wide with Harrison stranded.

The result was good for the hosts who went into the game reeling from a 2-0 defeat by Platinum Stars during a mid-weed fixture.

It was a ccontrasting outcome for Clive Barker as he had hoped for a positive result after his charges beat Black Leopards 2-0

during the week.

Wits made several changes in an attempt to add firepower in the midfield, bringing in Ryan Chapma, Matthew Pattison and Bongolethu Jayiya. However, this effort failed to change the scoreline as Phunya Selesele went home with maximum points.

Celtic's coach Clinton Larsen introduced defender Augustin Leonard, striker Lennox Bacela and midfielder Itumeleng Duiker and was rewarded for his decision. – Sapa