Australian Bernard Tomic said he planned to appeal against his fine for not playing to "required professional standards" during his 58-minute, first-round thrashing by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga at Wimbledon, as he had been unwell at the time.
Tomic lost Tuesday's match 6-2 6-1 6-4 in a performance described as "appalling" and "embarrassing" on social media and the 26-year-old was fined 45,000 pounds ($56,349) by tournament organisers.
It was the shortest Wimbledon men's match for 15 years and the second shortest men's singles match at the All England Club since records began in 2002.
"Flying from Turkey and losing in (the) quarter-finals (there), playing few matches in 40C heat and I was run down and became a bit unwell over the weekend," Tomic told News Corp Australia.
"I then competed with one of the top five players on grass, losing 6-2 6-1 6-4. I didn't lose 6-0 6-0 6-0.