BREAKING NEWS: Fawzia Peer's PA rushed to hospital after drinking water
Durban - An eThekwini Municipality employee was rushed to hospital on Thursday morning when she collapsed after drinking water in her office.
Hazel Pillay - PA to acting Mayor Fawzia Peer - was rushed to hospital via ambulance after she became ill and collapsed in her office after consuming water.
This comes a day after Peer released the results of her drinking water that was submitted for testing last month.
The bottled water was believed to have been laced with paraffin and placed on Peer’s table during a full council meeting.
She sipped from the bottle before leaving the meeting and being rushed to hospital.
Although the results of that water came back clear, Peer said she was treated for poisoning as well as mouth and throat burns in hospital.
Peer confirmed that Pillay was taken to hospital but said her condition was still unknown at this stage.