Nintendo Switch online to launch today
CAPE TOWN – Nintendo Switch Online is scheduled to launch later today.
The free online gaming that Switch owners have enjoyed since the console’s launch will come to an end and they will need to subscribe to the service.
The service will offer more than just granting users access to more than just online gameplay.
Other services include:
1. Ability to chat with friends via the Switch Online app,
2. Back up your precious game saves to the cloud (though there are a few caveats), and
3. Play a growing collection of retro NES games online or with a pal locally.
Those games require an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription if you want to keep playing; they’ll be inaccessible if your membership ends.
Users will need to upgrade their Switch console to version 6.0, which will debut alongside the service.
Before you upgrade, ensure that you have the correct Nintendo account linked, as you won’t be able to change it following the update.
Then, you’ll need to make sure your Nintendo account is synced up with your Switch.
Nintendo Switch Online is available at a few different price points once you run through the free one-week trial.
Nintendo will add a section to its eShop for people to subscribe to the service, though that’s not the only way, and you don’t have to wait until later on to guarantee access when it launches.
- One-month individual: R52
- Three-month individual: R105
- Twelve-month individual: R262
- Twelve-month family: R459
– BUSINESS REPORT ONLINE