Johannesburg - Employees at Ernest & Young and Alexander Forbes offices in Sandton had to evacuate their buildings after a security threat on Monday afternoon.
Sandton Police spokesperson, Captain Granville Meyer said the bomb threat was made telephonically to Ernest & Young.
Meyer said police had been deployed to the scene and sniffer dogs were sent to search for the bomb.
The threat led to the closure of Rivonia Road, between West Street and Johan Avenue.
According to Sandton Tourism Facebook page, Alexandra Forbes employees were prompted to evacuate after the bomb threat was made to Ernest & Young.
"Our Sandton office has been evacuated because of a threat at the EY building. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please note that the main switchboard and all contact centres are closed. We will advise as soon as service has been resumed," Alexander Forbes wrote on their Twitter account.
The Star called Alexandra Forbes' Consi Kalamaras to get more details on the threat. However, she did not have details on the bomb threat as she is on leave.
The Star could also not get a comment from Ernst and Young but they wrote this on their Twitter account: “Due to a safety concern, we are currently evacuating our Johannesburg office at 102 Rivonia Road, Sandton. Expect road closures on Rivonia Road."