The first school holidays of the year are almost upon us, soon followed by the Easter long weekend.
Many South Africans have already booked their autumn breaks with their families. Recent research reveals that Airbnb travellers are bidding adieu to the bigger cities and are choosing instead to visit smaller towns, mainly those in the Western Cape, with their nearest and dearest, making way for a slower pace for their family break.
Top destinations Airbnb guests are booking for a family holiday with their year-on-year growth when compared to the same period last year*.
- Margate, KwaZulu-Natal (185.19%)
- Durban, KwaZulu-Natal (137%)
- Saldanha, Western Cape (127.27%)
- Ballitoville, KwaZulu-Natal (96.36%)
- Plettenberg Bay, Western Cape (87.7%)
- Knysna, Western Cape (73.53%)
- George, Western Cape (67.74%)
- Mossel Bay, Western Cape (63.89%)
- Hermanus, Western Cape (56%)
- Cape Town, Western Cape (39.36%)