Namibia is more than just sand dunes, it has many stunning features, including history, game lodges and cultural experiences. Here are 9 facts you should know before you visit:
* One South African rand equals one Namibian dollar.
* The capital of Namibia is Windhoek, and other major cities include Lüderitz, Swakopmund, and Walvis Bay.
* The average temperatures are 17° C to 30° C in summer, and 7° C to 20° C in winter.
* It will cost you around R3000 for a return flight from Johannesburg to Windhoek, or R3300 if flying from Cape Town. However, this could cost more during peak travel seasons and depends how far you book in advance.
*Petrol will cost you around N$12 per litre.
*South Africans do not require a tourist visa to travel to Namibia.
*Food costs: Lunch with a drink costs around N$108, and dinner for two at the local pub costs about $N338 on average. A loaf of bread costs about N$10.
* Beverages: 1 cappuccino = N$26, a beer in the pub = N$21, one cocktail = N$56, 2 litres of Coca-Cola from the shop = N$18.
* And, for your basic needs, a pack of four toilet rolls will cost you N$30.