In order to provide a platform for various stakeholders to deliberate on strategic issues pertaining to tourism investment and trade issues, the North West Department of Tourism will host the Provincial Tourism Trade and Investment Lekgotla which will be held under the theme “Towards an integrated, vibrant and inclusive provincial tourism economy.”
The purpose of the lekgotla is to create a dialogue between various stakeholders through an integrated approach to enhance tourism investment in the province and promote trade amongst businesses.
The following objectives are set:
- To showcasing tourism investment and trade opportunities in the North West Province.
- To create a platform for a constructive dialogue with all role players and stakeholders on the provincialTourism Growth and Development prospects
- To expose BRICS investors to investment and trade opportunities in the North West Province with special focus on ACT and VTSD.
- To provide a trade platform small to medium business to engage and create linkages with big business
- To establish collaborative partnerships between the private, public sector and communities at large.
- In addition to the lekgotla, the department will also host the 2017 Provincial Lilizela Tourism Awards which will be held on the evening of the second day of the Lekgotla (Wednesday, 20 September 2017).
Lilizela Tourism Awards are an opportunity to celebrate professionalism, creativity and innovation in the tourismindustry. These awards are used as a platform to honour and celebrate tourism establishments which have risen above the rest and performed beyond measure by exhibiting excellence within the sector.
PROVINCIAL TOURISM TRADE AND INVESTMENT LEKGOTLA
Date : 19 – 20 September 2017
Time : 09:00
Venue : Mmabatho Convention Centre, Mahikeng
PROVINCIAL LILIZELA TOURISM AWARDS
Date : 20 September 2017
Time : 18:00
Venue : Mahikeng Hotel School, Mahikeng