10 reasons to visit SANParks
Share this article:
Pretoria - It’s National Parks Week and we bring you ten reasons why you should visit.
1. Camdeboo: The world-renowned Valley of Desolation is a must-see with its dolerite columns said to be around 200 million years old and set against the backdrop of the plains of the Camdeboo.
2. Kruger National Park: Home to the big 5 and many more animals.
3. Mokala: Rare and valuable species such as the tsessebe and disease-free buffalo.
4. Mapungubwe: Visit the home of the ancient civilisation proclaimed a World Heritage Site.
5. Table Mountain: A World Heritage Site Table Mountain is one of the only mountains in the world accessible to the public to the very top by cableway. Incorporated as the seventh wonder of the world, the mountain also plays host to the Cape
Floral Kingdom, one of only six floral kingdoms in the world.
6. Richtersveld: Get lost in the Richtersveld, one of the world’s only rock deserts.
7. Tsitsikamma: Playground for adventure seekers. Hike the Otter trail, walk the suspension bridge, visit the 800-year-old Big Tree.
8. Agulhas National Park: Where two oceans collide, Agulhas National Park is located at the southern-most tip of Africa where one can see the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet. The park also boasts the 3rd lighthouse built in South Africa.
9. Kgalagadi: Unique, unspoilt, open world that shares its wildlife and hundreds of species of flora.
10. Knysna: The Knysna Forest is world famous for its magical beauty and its
giant Outeniqua Yellowwoods, some nearly 1 000 years old.