The world’s largest individually timed cycle race, The 2019 Cape Town Cycle Tour, is just a few weeks away and this year kulula.com and British Airways wants to prep all pedal fans on how to fly with a bike safely to Cape Town ahead of the 109km challenge.
Here are some tips:
Before you fly
- An aircraft can only fly a minimum allowance of bikes so make sure to pre-book avoid disappointment.
- At check-in, you will sign a limited release tag, which you use when you drop-off and pick-up your bike at your destination. Keep this safe.
- Drop-off your bike at the demarcated area (depending on your airport), which will be pointed out to you to by the check-in agent.
- We recommend you place your bike on your private insurance for extra peace of mind, though of course care will be taken not to damage your bike
- If you are renting a car also do this well in advance and get a big enough car so your bicycle can fit without damaging your bike.