New York, or the Big Apple as many people call it, is one of the biggest destinations to visit in the US.
With its historic landmarks, shopping experiences and culinary delights, New York offers a holiday like no other.
Here are some facts about the city:
1. New York is one of the most linguistically diverse cities in the world. It is home to more than 800 languages.
2. It has 5 boroughs, which include the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan.
3. The Statue of Liberty was a gift to the United States from France for its centennial celebration in 1886. It was shipped as 350 pieces in 214 crates and took 4 months to assemble.
4. New York has the most number of skyscrapers in the world. Its current total is about 6000.
5. Adirondack Park covers more territory than Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier and Everglades National Parks.