What's in your cruise kitchen? 36 000 eggs, 14 000kg meat and other cold cuts
The following food stats are for a 7-day cruise on board the MSC Grandiosa:
Flour 8000 KG
Cheese 4000 KG
Fresh fruit 21 000 KG
Seafood 8000 KG
Meat 14 000 KG
Cold cuts 2000 KG
Wine 6,800 bottles
Beer 5,200 bottles
Water 38,000 bottles
Soft drinks 25,000 cans
Milk 10 000 litres
Fruit juices 3 100 litres
Fresh eggs 36 000 units
Fresh vegetables 22 000 KG
Jam 700 KG
Yoghurt 1500 KG
Sugar 2000 KG
Rice 26 000 KG
Fresh tomatoes 15 000 KG
Tomato pulp 500 KG
* Some of the items were measured in metric tons, which was converted to kilograms.
- MSC Grandiosa serves an average of 1000 cappuccino and 2000 espresso cups daily.
- Around 60 sushi rolls per day and about 5/6 kg of rice daily are consumed at the Kaito Sushi restaurant. At La Perla Grigia and La Perle Grise, the cruise serves 3000 desserts each day. In the main restaurant La Perla Grigia they serve 600 kg of tomatoes each week.
- Jean-Philippe Maury Chocolat & Cafè offers 13 types of macarons, 6 types of bonbons chocolate, 6 types of round truffles, 16 types of chocolate bars, 40 kinds of chocolate products and biscuits. To produce those, they use 6 grand crus of Valrhona chocolate spread in a total of 1,5 tons per month.
- In Jean-Philippe Maury Ice cream offers 13 flavours of ice cream, 4 flavours of sorbets, 10 types of crêpe signature, 5 types of milkshakes, 3 stay fit blend beverages, 4 types of smoothie, 9 types of sundaes. It uses 1,2 ton of ice cream monthly in the Mediterranean season.
- In Jean-Philippe Maury Bar, the cruise serves 19 types of coffee beverage, 7 spirits coffee and 2 Signature desserts.
- The Champagne Bar serves a variety of 20 champagne.
- The cruise prepares 800 pizza every day.