CIL acquires interest in Angola firm

Comment on this story
oil_jan 16 Supplied Acquisition provides opportunity to tap into the high growth potential of the oil and gas sector.

Johannesburg‚ Dec 3 (I-Net Bridge) - JSE-listed Consolidated Infrastructure Limited (CIL) has through its Mauritian subsidiary acquired a 30.5% interest in Angola Environmental Serviços Limitada (AES) for $15.25 million.

"The acquisition diversifies CIL's current offering‚ with a new line of business in specialised services of waste management and an opportunity to tap into the high growth potential of the oil and gas sector which is currently the bedrock of the Angolan economy‚" CIL said on Monday in a statement.

The transaction is subject to a number of conditions precedent. CIL management anticipates that 30% of the purchase price will be settled by cash‚ with the remaining 70% through a placement of additional equity.

-I-Net Bridge

sign up

Comment Guidelines

  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

  5. Verified email addresses: All users on Independent Media news sites are now required to have a verified email address before being allowed to comment on articles. You are only required to verify your email address once to have full access to commenting on articles. For more information please read our comment guidelines