London - Reg Traviss is "relieved" his rape trial ordeal is over.
The 35-year-old director - who was engaged to Amy Winehouse at the time of her death - was cleared on two counts of rape on Thursday (13.12.12) after a jury at London's Southwark Crown Court acquitted him of attacking a 27-year-old friend in the early hours of New Year's Eve 2011 at his apartment in London and admitted he is astonished the case even went to trial.
He said: "I am relieved it's all over. I never did it. The last nine months has been crazy.
"It feels like anyone can make a complaint and have their day in court."
Reg feels "numb and betrayed" by the actions of his accuser - who cannot be named for legal reasons - and can't understand why she wasn't thoroughly investigated when she made her damaging allegations.
Speaking outside court, he added: "The person that made that complaint wasn't investigated, she wasn't looked into. I don't think it should have gone past the police investigation.
"I have no idea why she did it but she did. I feel numb and betrayed."
When giving evidence Reg, 35, insisted he and the woman had consensual sex after a night out drinking together and admitted he was "completely and utterly flabbergasted" by her claims of serious sexual assault.
The woman had alleged she did not consent to sex and had woken twice to find Traviss raping her.
She had claimed she had been so drunk after going to three bars with him on December 30 she was unable to walk but jurors were shown CCTV footage during the four-day trial that showed the woman walking unaided to the toilet shortly before she left a West End bar where the pair had been drinking.
Reg also told jurors she had instigated sex and the court heard the day after he walked her to a train station and kissed her goodbye. - Bang Showbiz