CLOSE X
Advertisement

More on Brangelina’s new custody arrangement

Celeb News

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have reportedly not signed a new custody agreement.

The 52-year-old actor and his estranged wife, 41, were reported to have put pen to paper on a new custody agreement for their six children - Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and eight-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne - just days ago, however new
sources suggest the conclusion they reached was merely a continuation of the temporary agreement they had previously come to.

Tell a friend
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie arrive at the 15th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles January 25, 2009. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/File Photo

A source told New York Post's Page Six column: "There was no new agreement signed ... [it] was simply an extension of the pre-existing, completely voluntary temporary arrangement they had previously agreed to.

"It makes no sense because Pitt filed for joint custody on Friday ... days after this supposed 'new' agreement. There were absolutely not any child-care advisers of any kind imposing or in any way involved with this decision."

In the previous statement - released by the 'Maleficent' star's representative on Monday  - it was reported that the children would remain in the care of their mother, whilst the 'Fury' actor would continue to have "therapeutic visits" as advised by
"childcare professionals".

The statement read: "We can confirm that childcare professionals have encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides over a week ago. In accordance with this agreement, the six children will stay in their mother's custody, and the children will continue therapeutic visits with their father. This has been determined by childcare professionals to be in the children's best interest.

"We are not in a position to discuss the details. We hope now that it is clear that the events which led to the dissolution filing involved minor children and their well being, there will be understanding of the sensitivity of the family situation. We believe that all sides are committed to healing the family and ask for your consideration during
this difficult time."

“The parties haven’t spoken to each other in two months,”  family law expert Steven Mindel tells Entertainment Tonight, adding that relations are thawing between the pair. 

“But it’s just the first quarter of the game,” says Mindel.

Another source told the publication that the investigation into the actor’s alleged abusive behaviour is coming to an end very soon.

See the video below for more:

 

Tell a friend
Advertisement
X