Top tips for grilling kebabs
* Marinate meat for at least 30 minutes - leave overnight if possible.
* Marinating can help tenderise as well as impart flavour.
* Keep the ingredients a similar size so that they cook evenly.
* Don’t pack the meat on the skewers too tightly as this will prevent them from cooking evenly.
* If using wooden skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before threading on the meat. This will prevent them from burning over the flames.
* Spray your grill beforehand to prevent the meat from sticking to it.
* Turn kebabs frequently to ensure even cooking.
* Basting often with the marinade will prevent them from drying out.
* Never serve the marinade with the meat without boiling it very well first. It contains raw meat juices which should not be consumed.