If you are planning a get together to celebrate the warm weather and longer days, then cooking and celebrating around an open fire is a great way to entertain friends and family.
Below is 7 best braai tips:
1. To keep cooked sausages juicy, place them on a bed of sliced raw onions in a foil pan. Add a little warm beer, cover and keep on a cooler part of the braai.
2. A squeeze of lemon on just-braaied boerewors brings out all the flavour.
3. Fill Consol Jars with home-made lemonade, pieces of fruit and mint and freeze them. Take them out half an hour before guests arrive, top up with cold soda water and a shot of vodka (or not) and add a pretty straw.
4. For a night-time summer soiree, fill an empty birdbath with water, floating candles and colourful flowers.
5. Make your braai area a mozzie-free zone by planting plants that repel mosquitoes such as: citronella, basil, lavender, mint and rosemary.
6. Plant rosemary in bright coloured pots close to the braai area and next time you're braaing lamb chops, snap off a stalk and throw it on the coals to add a smoky rosemary flavour.
7. Hosting a beach braai? Keep a bottle of baby powder handy as it gets sand off legs and feet in an instant. Also save old sunscreen bottles, clean them out and use them as discreet holders for keys and sunglasses.
Note: Click here for more information regarding Good Housekeeping
Join the conversation on social media: