Thanks to this easy recipe your family can relish in a flavourful taste that everyone will enjoy and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a hearty stir fry filled with delicious goodness.
This recipe will teach you how to prepare oyster sauce beef & tenderstem broccoli chow mein.
Ingredients: For the noodles
1 tablespoon groundnut oil
3 cloves of garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
1 knob of ginger (peeled and grated)
1 fresh red cayenne chili (sliced)
1 free range or organic sirloin steak, excess fat trimmed off (slice into 1 cm slices)
1 tablespoon Shaosing rice wine or dry sherry
250 g Tenderstem broccoli (sliced into 1 inch pieces on the angle)
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
400 g cooked egg noodles
1 large handful of beansprouts
2 tablespoons low sodium light soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Ingredients: For the garnish
1 spring onion, top and tailed, finely sliced on diagonal
1. Heat a wok over high heat.
2. When the wok is smoking, add the groundnut oil.
3. Give the oil a swirl in the wok and then quickly add in the garlic, ginger and chili and stir-fry a few seconds.
4. Quickly add the beef and stir-fry together for a few seconds.
5. As the beef starts to brown, add the Shaosing rice wine and follow quickly with the Tenderstem.
6. Stir-fry together for 30 seconds and then add the dark soy sauce and toss well.
7. Add in the egg noodles and give it a good mix, then add in the beansprouts.
8. Toss together and season with low sodium light soy sauce and oyster sauce, cook tossing and stirring for less than a minute then serve immediately.
Serves 4 if shared with other dishes.