Preparing an appetizing offering of oyster sauce beef and tenderstem broccoli chow mein has never been this easy or deliciously dreamy. PICTURE: Supplied
Preparing an appetizing offering of oyster sauce beef and tenderstem broccoli chow mein has never been this easy or deliciously dreamy.
Thanks to this easy recipe your family can relish in a flavourful taste that everyone will enjoy and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a hearty stir fry filled with delicious goodness.
This recipe will teach you how to prepare oyster sauce beef & tenderstem broccoli chow mein.
Let’s get cooking!
Ingredients: For the noodles
1 tablespoon groundnut oil
3 cloves of garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
1 knob of ginger (peeled and grated)
1 fresh red cayenne chili (sliced)
1 free range or organic sirloin steak, excess fat trimmed off (slice into 1 cm slices)
1 tablespoon Shaosing rice wine or dry sherry
250 g Tenderstem broccoli (sliced into 1 inch pieces on the angle)
2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
400 g cooked egg noodles
1 large handful of beansprouts
2 tablespoons low sodium light soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
Ingredients: For the garnish
1 spring onion, top and tailed, finely sliced on diagonal
1. Heat a wok over high heat.
2. When the wok is smoking, add the groundnut oil.
3. Give the oil a swirl in the wok and then quickly add in the garlic, ginger and chili and stir-fry a few seconds.
4. Quickly add the beef and stir-fry together for a few seconds.
5. As the beef starts to brown, add the Shaosing rice wine and follow quickly with the Tenderstem.
6. Stir-fry together for 30 seconds and then add the dark soy sauce and toss well.
7. Add in the egg noodles and give it a good mix, then add in the beansprouts.
8. Toss together and season with low sodium light soy sauce and oyster sauce, cook tossing and stirring for less than a minute then serve immediately.
Serves 4 if shared with other dishes.