Ross Brawn not moving to HondaComment on this story
Formula One's Ross Brawn is set to stay on as Mercedes team principal despite speculation linking him with a move to Honda, reports said on Friday.
Team chairman Niki Lauda had already rubbished claims Brawn was preparing to leave, and drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg both urged him to stay.
“I'm not looking at going anywhere else,” Brawn, 58, told Autosport ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix.
“The team has come a long way in the last 12 months, but we've got to make sure it keeps going the right way,” he added.
“Next year is very exciting with the new engine and I think this engineering group that's been put together under (technical director) Bob Bell has still got more it can do.
“But we all need to understand our roles and make sure that we're all happy and motivated by them.”
Mercedes' management underwent restructuring last year with the German car manufacturer installing Toto Wolff as its new motorsport boss to replace Norbert Haug.
Lauda was also brought in with a non-executive role to help assist matters, with Paddy Lowe being recruited and expected to eventually become Brawn's successor.
Hamilton, world champion with McLaren in 2008 and a winner for Mercedes in Hungary earlier this year, credited Brawn for his decision to switch from McLaren for the start of this season.
Paddock rumours have linked Brawn with Honda, who will provide engines to McLaren from 2015.
Brawn also oversaw Honda's last foray into Formula One, buying out the Japanese manufacturer to form Brawn GP in 2009 and win the world title with Jenson Button. -AFP