Oslo - Norwegian oil and gas company Statoil on Friday confirmed the deaths of two of its Norwegian employees at the In Amenas gas plant in Algeria, which was attacked by Islamist militants on January 16.
Three other Norwegians who worked on the site at the time of the attack are still missing, it said in a statement.
“Our thoughts go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones in this horrible and senseless attack against innocent people,” said the chief executive of Statoil, Helge Lund.
“We remain very concerned about our three colleagues who are still missing,” he added.
Earlier on Friday, the Norwegian foreign ministry said it was “unlikely” that the five nationals missing after the Algerian attack would be found alive. - Sapa-AFP