CLOSE X
Advertisement

Dad suspected of killing twins due in court

Crime & Courts
Cape Town - The father suspected of killing his 3-year-old twins at his Hout Bay home is expected to make an appearance in Wynberg Magistrate’s Court on Monday morning.

The 48-year-old was admitted to hospital on Friday. Police spokesman André Traut would not comment on allegations that the suspect was receiving medical treatment for injuries sustained during a stabbing incident while in police custody.

“I can’t elaborate on the nature of the injury or how or when it occurred, but I can confirm we have arrested a 48-year-old man in connection with the deaths of two toddlers. He remains under police guard in hospital,” Traut said on Thursday. He said the cause of their death was yet to be determined.

Share this story
The bodies of three-year-old twins were found by their mother at the holiday residence of their father in Princess Road, Hout Bay. Picture: Supplied

“The circumstances surrounding the death of twins, a boy and a girl, are being investigated after their bodies were discovered by their mother at the holiday residence of their father in Princess Road, Hout Bay,” Traut said previously.

Read: Dad held after twins found dead

“Once charged he is due to make a court appearance in Wynberg on two charges of murder and theft of a motor vehicle.”

Traut added that the father, who lives in Spain, flew in to Cape Town two weeks ago to exercise visitation rights of his three young children.

He and the twins’ mother were divorced in 2015. They also have a son, 7.

Cape Argus

Share this story
Advertisement
X