I am complying with Sars - MalemaComment on this story
Pretoria - EFF leader Julius Malema is complying with the provisional sequestration order against him, he said on Monday.
Speaking to journalists outside the High Court in Pretoria, where the provisional order was extended to December 1, the Economic Freedom Fighters' leader said he came to court to see the extension granted.
"We want to put it on record, like we did in the past, that we have settled the matter with Sars," Malema said.
"We agreed, on top of what they've sold from me, I shall put (an) extra four million (rand) and then, the first instalment, was rather I should pay one million."
Subsequent to that, he needed to pay R500 000 every month, with the SA Revenue Service taking R30 000 from his salary every month.
"Now, I am complying with all those agreements I've reached with Sars," Malema said.
In May, Malema's provisional sequestration was extended and the matter was postponed.
Malema has previously admitted he had not attended to his tax affairs the way the law required. According to court papers, Malema owed Sars R16 million, plus interest, after failing to submit tax returns between 2006 and 2010.
In February, Judge Bill Prinsloo ordered that Malema's estate be provisionally sequestrated.
A final sequestration order would affect Malema's political career, as he would no longer be allowed to serve as a Member of Parliament.