Man in court for girlfriend’s murder

Comment on this story
iol news pic justice-scale and gavel may 23 INDEPENDENT MEDIA A Durban couple are suing the provincial health department for more than R9 million after their son was born handicapped when. Picture: Supplied

Johannesburg - The case of a man accused of stabbing his girlfriend to death was postponed by the Protea Magistrate's Court on Tuesday, Gauteng police said.

The matter was moved to January 21 for a bail application, Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela said.

The man was arrested in Qumbu, in the Eastern Cape, on Sunday after being on the run since July.

He had been on the run since he allegedly stabbed his girlfriend to death in Soweto, Makhubela said at the time.

“Detectives from Jabulani (in Soweto) got information on his whereabouts and (arrested) him.”

Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

  5. Verified email addresses: All users on Independent Media news sites are now required to have a verified email address before being allowed to comment on articles. You are only required to verify your email address once to have full access to commenting on articles. For more information please read our comment guidelines