School sex video teens may face porn charge

dec 2 sex sxc sxc.hu

Cape Town - Two boys and a girl involved in the high school sex video scandal could still find themselves in court facing criminal charges.

On Thursday, police confirmed the case was opened against the three youngsters.

“We can confirm a case was reported,” police spokesperson Captain Frederick van Wyk said.

“This is a very sensitive case and no further comment will be made on the matter.”

The Grade 11 learners were expelled from school last year after they were recorded having sex in an empty classroom.

A week after the illicit clip went viral at their school and across the Cape, a teacher notified the school principal and the matter was reported to police.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said the three students, who were 17 and 16 years old at the time of the incident, have not yet been prosecuted.

“There hasn’t been a court case yet. The police have charged the learners under the Films and Publications Act,” said NPA spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila.

“A docket was brought to us and we returned it to the police for further investigation. They [police] have just returned it to us.

“We haven’t made a decision on whether to prosecute yet,” adds Ntabazalila.

This week, the Western Cape Education Department said they were not aware of the sex clip until it was brought to their attention by the Daily Voice.

WCED spokesperson Bronagh Casey confirmed the learners were expelled after the shocking incident.

In May last year, the brazen teens apparently bunked to have sex between classes.

The 17-year-old boy and 16-year-old girl were recorded by a third learner, also 16. In the lengthy video, the girl is seen sitting on the boy’s lap.

The boy has his pants pulled down while the girl’s skirt is hiked up.

While the boy looks into the camera, showing gang hand signs more than once, the girl does not know she is being recorded.

Towards the end of the footage, the girl looks up and quickly covers her face while shouting “yoh!”

Casey said: “The principal followed all the necessary procedures.

“In cases such as this, the incident must be reported to the police.”

She said none of the pupils appealed the expulsion.

“None of the three learners appealed during the required time frame,” she added.

“Therefore the matter is now closed by the education department.

“Any legal prosecutions that take place are separate to the school disciplinary procedure.”

Daily Voice



sign up