Search on for kidnapped boy, 3

Comment on this story
IOL news may 16 crime tape INDEPENDENT MEDIA File photo

Johannesburg - A search is underway for a male who was last seen with a kidnapped three-year-old in the Ramaphosa informal settlement near Reiger Park, Gauteng police said on Friday.

The boy, Curburne Lavone van Wyk, was last seen with Katleho Phoku known as Chicken, said Colonel Noxolo Kweza. “The police are looking for him (Phoku). We believe he might be able to assist us with the investigation.” The boy was allegedly kidnapped while he was he playing outside near his home on Wednesday evening, Lt Kwenzakwakhe Ngobese said earlier.

His parents reported him missing on Thursday morning.

The boy was still believed to be in the area.

“We received information that someone had seen the boy in the area,” said Ngobese.

A case of kidnapping had been opened and police were investigating.


sign up

Comment Guidelines

  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

  5. Verified email addresses: All users on Independent Media news sites are now required to have a verified email address before being allowed to comment on articles. You are only required to verify your email address once to have full access to commenting on articles. For more information please read our comment guidelines