Soweto murder and rape accused in court

Comment on this story
IOL pic mar13 justice scales file Independent Newspapers .

Johannesburg - A man accused of murdering and raping two teenage girls appeared in the Protea Magistrate's Court on Wednesday, Gauteng police said.

The case against the 31-year-old was postponed to July 8 for further investigation, Warrant Officer Kay Makhubela said.

The man was arrested in Snake Park, Doornkop, on June 6 for allegedly raping and murdering the teenagers in Dobsonville, Soweto.

The 16-year-old was shot on May 25 and the 18-year-old strangled last year.


sign up

Comment Guidelines

  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.

  5. Verified email addresses: All users on Independent Media news sites are now required to have a verified email address before being allowed to comment on articles. You are only required to verify your email address once to have full access to commenting on articles. For more information please read our comment guidelines