Teen’s alleged rapist gets R300 bail

Comment on this story
iol news pic lady justice nov 09

Delareyville - A North West man accused of raping a mentally disabled teenage girl was granted bail of R300 on Friday, the National Prosecuting Authority said.

The man would appear in the Delareyville Magistrate's Court on April 15, said spokesman Frank Lesenyego.

“The date is secured for plea and trial as he had already applied for legal representation,” he said.

The 47-year-old man, who may not be named until he has pleaded, allegedly raped the 14-year-old in Agisanang township, Sannieshof, on March 26.

Captain Pelonomi Makau said the man called the teenager to his house and gave her money before allegedly raping her.

Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.