File picture: Independent Media
Johannesburg – The three remaining men suspected of being involved in last month's heist at the OR Tambo International Airport were on Tuesday granted bail by the Kempton Park Magistrate's Court.

Magistrate Amukelani Msineki said that the only evidence the state provided were the admission statements which made her doubt the state's case.

The men, France Manaka, 26, Philokhuhle Mtanzi, 30, and Simon Thokwane, 33, are facing charges of robbery with aggravating circumstances for their alleged involvement in what's considered one of South Africa's biggest heists.

They allegedly stole R20.7 million, along with another three co-accused, from the airport in March while posing as police officers.

"I have considered the argument of the state and have come to the conclusion that exceptional circumstances have been provided to grant all six suspects bail with conditions."

Manaka and Mtanzi were granted R50 000 bail with conditions which included reporting to their nearest police stations five times a week and surrendering all their travel documents.

Thokwane was granted bail of R100 000 with conditions which included reporting to the police station from Monday to Friday and twice on Saturdays and Sundays.

All of his travel documents had to be surrendered and he is not permitted to leave Gauteng without the permission of the investigating officer.

On Monday the three other suspects in the matter, Prince Dube, Thando Sonqishe and Sibusiso Mnisi were granted bail of R150 000, R100 000 and R50 000.

Court officials said Sonqishe, the Lamborghini Gallardo owner, paid his R100 000 bail following the court proceedings, while Dube said he would pay his R150 000 bail today [Tuesday]. The case was postponed to May 26 for further investigation.