CLOSE X
Advertisement

#VanBreda: Check revealed no intrusion after cops raced to estate

Crime & Courts
Police approached the De Zalze Estate entrance at high speed on the morning a crime had been reported, and security manager Marcia Rossouw immediately instructed her staff to check the perimeter for any possible intrusion.

Rossouw was on duty at the time and testified in the Western Cape High Court on Monday morning that a camera check also revealed nothing suspicious.

Tell a friend
Triple murder accused Henri van Breda in the dock at the Western Cape High Court, accused of killing his parents and brother and injuring his sister at their home in Stellenbosch in 2015. Picture: Courtney Africa/ANA Pictures

"Police came at the gate at a high speed, and I went out with a colleague to hear what had happened. I immediately gave an instruction to the staff to inspect every centimetre of the perimeter and look for signs of an intrusion, but nothing suspicious came up," Rossouw was testifying on day seven of Henri van Breda's triple-murder trial.

FIVE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE MURDER HOME

– The luxury Stellenbosch home in which the Van Breda couple and their son were murdered on January 27, 2015 has new owners after being on the market for a year.

– The Goske Street property belonging to Merwood Consultants, which was owned by Martin van Breda, fetched R5.8m, an estate agent said.

– The four-bedroom house, described as a “modern Cape Vernacular-style home” on a past listing, had been purchased in 2014.

– The 865m² property has four bathrooms and a pool. Priced at R4.6m at the time, it was later put on the market for R6.2m.

– “De Zalze Estate was established in 2000 and in the 14 years of operation, no serious crime has been reported. The attack is therefore viewed as an unusual, isolated incident confined to the property in question,” the De Zalze Home Owners Association said.

Cape Times

Tell a friend
Advertisement
X