Biggest Fashion Sale Of The Year! Shop 12 000 Up To 70% OFF!
Cape Town - Western Cape Premier Helen Zille has named 11 individuals she claims are responsible for orchestrating protests involving the dumping of human faeces in and around Cape Town.
“Today, we reveal the names of the ANC Youth League 'task team' that is leading the campaign to make Cape Town ungovernable,” she said in a statement on Friday.
There have been at least a dozen incidents of human waste being dumped in front of buildings, at the airport, or on city highways over the past four months.
Zille said the protests were part of a campaign to make the city and province “ungovernable” in the run-up to next year's general election.
“We have been gathering information about the ringleaders of the faeces attacks. Today, we are releasing that information, as well as supporting video footage,” she said.
A key point was there was only “a small handful of agitators”.
The statement then lists 11 names.
Zille called on the ANC “to act against them and subject them to disciplinary hearings”.
She said the information gathered on the 11 had been handed to the SA Police Service “for further investigation”.
“We... reiterate our call on the ANC and ANCYL to take swift and meaningful disciplinary action against their identified members involved in past and future attacks, and to co-operate with the police in their investigations by submitting relevant information,” Zille said. - Sapa