Cape Town - The two men accused of hurling a chair at a news photographer during a memorial lecture by President Jacob Zuma in February, are to go on trial in August.
Sibusiso Nkomiyahlaba, 25, and Siviwe Gxothiwe, 27, appeared in the Cape Town District Court on Thursday, where magistrate Zwelidumile Sogwagwa postponed the case to August 16.
The men would be informed of the date on which to appear in the Regional Court on August 16, Sogwagwa said.
Nkomiyahlaba and Gxothiwe initially faced charges of public violence for allegedly participating in the disruption of Zuma's speech at the Good Hope Centre, near the Cape Town CBD, on the night of February 23.
The charges were changed to assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.
The men were released on R500 bail in February, but Sogwagwa ordered that Gxothiwe's bail be forfeited to the State because he failed to appear in court twice.
His court appearance on Thursday was under an arrest warrant.
Prosecutor Anneke Snyman told the court there was no need for a formal inquiry into the reasons for his failure to appear in court on the previous two occasions, because his bail had already been forfeited and could not be reinstated. - Sapa