Teen burnt in restaurant accident

Comment on this story
Copy of IOL jan 20 er24 medic mar 15 Independent Newspapers File photo: Sizwe Ndingane

Bloemfontein -

A teenager suffered serious injuries when he accidentally drilled into electrical wiring in a restaurant in Brandwag, Bloemfontein, on Wednesday, paramedics said.

“ER24 paramedics arrived at the restaurant and found the teenager to have sustained severe burn wounds on most of his face,” spokeswoman Luyanda Majija said.

The youth, who was working at the restaurant, drilled into wiring, causing a fire. He was treated on the scene and taken to Medi-Clinic Bloemfontein.

Majija said the accident was being investigated. - Sapa


sign up
 
 

Comment Guidelines



  1. Please read our comment guidelines.
  2. Login and register, if you haven’ t already.
  3. Write your comment in the block below and click (Post As)
  4. Has a comment offended you? Hover your mouse over the comment and wait until a small triangle appears on the right-hand side. Click triangle () and select "Flag as inappropriate". Our moderators will take action if need be.