Advertisement

Sanral operations continue after bomb threat

Johannesburg - Operations at the SA National Roads Agency Limited continued on Monday after its building was the target of a bomb threat over the weekend.

“We hope that this week will go well so that business can continue peacefully. This does not bode well with employees who have to work in order to provide for their families,” said Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) spokeswoman Nicole Wood.

Toll roads in Gauteng are monitored at the Sanral control centre. File picture: Oupa Mokoena. Credit: Independent Newspapers

At least three incidents had been reported at the Sanral building in Midrand.

On Sunday, the building had to be evacuated after a bomb threat was reported.

No bomb was found, said Wood.

The premises was also evacuated on Tuesday and Friday after a suspicious powder, initially thought to be anthrax, was found.

ETC later reported that the substance was harmless.

Wood said work at the centre continued on Sunday with no other incidents reported. - Sapa

SHOW ALL
Advertisement